Monday, November 3, 2008

Space around my coffin…


Sleeping in my coffin
I hear them cry
With their hearts out,
When the words of adulation
Begin to flow
I prefer to turn around
And die for a moment again,
They load my coffin
With the dead flowers
And pray for my safe journey
Through heavens
And the worlds beyond.
I am lying there for
Years and days
Waiting for someone
To set me free,
But death seems to be a tricky
Affair, not as easy as it
Seemed to be.
She comes and sobs and
Lies to me
As she used to do when
I was around.
I lived a life of false pride
And had a similar end.
The soul lingers to
Escape the fake world
Space around my coffin
Still waits for the one
With a true heart,
The soul would wither away
Without the truth.
Because it has been a long time
Since my demise,
So now
the dead man wants to die,
For once and for all…

No comments: