Sunday, November 30, 2008

questions???

Recently some questions have begun to molest me sometimes. I ponder for hours together but then find myself in a serious dilemma. They not only question me as a person but they question my moral integrity, they question my responsibility as a human. I don’t know why but I find myself speechless whenever they knock on my door. I fail to answer them fluently, confidently. I fail to answer them from my heart. I always get entangled in the war of right or wrong. When I look around I don’t find the answer difficult but when I apply the same to myself the situation becomes tense and incomprehensible.

Given a situation if I happen to be at a position where I have a free access to money making business which in moral sense is seriously unethical and illegal, would I still resort to bank up all the money I can within a given time span of my tenure as a responsible officer?

Given a situation if I happen to get a chance when I can avenge
A person who hurt me a lot and vanish his existence from the world would I resort to stab him in the chest and go scot-free?

Given a situation if I happen to succeed myself to a higher level in terms of status and luxuries by deceiving the only friend I have, would I still resort to stake my conscience to satisfy my mortal existence?

Would I or would I not?
Should I or should I not?

I fail to answer.
I fail to comprehend.
But I find myself stained…

2 comments:

Sarbjot Kaur said...

Hi mohit, the post is quite interesting and thoughtful. It is true that we always find ourself in the conflict of right or wrong and should be or should not be in the given situations, but according to me, our mind-set only guides us, not the situations. Only the person who knows the meaning of 'moral integrity and responsibility', will find himself/herself in the dilemma of right or wrong, for the others every situation is just a subject of action not the matter of morality and resposiblity.

I tried to give my perception about the idea.

NICE, THOUGHT PROVOKING WORK.

mohit mittal said...

thanks ma'm for such a good comment. it's true that only d person who is morally glued finds himself in d dilemna of right or wrong. for others it's only an action. thanks once again gor guiding me through.